Tips to Help You Excel at CookingJanuary 15th, 2013 | Posted by in Uncategorized
Tips to Help You Excel at Cooking
- Place what you need on a counter or in an easily accessible drawer or shelf.
- Read the entire recipe to be able to set a plan.
- Prepare foods when you have the most energy and stability to do it.
- Rotate tasks and positions to avoid strain.
- Use a wheeled cart to move items around the kitchen.
- Use a mirror to see in pots on the stove to prevent spilling hot foods and injuring yourself.
- For pots with one handle, use a camping pot holder to have better control.
- Only prepare what you can eat in one to two meals since cooking in bulk can be strenuous and time consuming.
- Keep a running shopping list to prevent forgetting to buy something and wasting time.
- At the first signs of strain, take a break to prevent a setback in your condition.
- For those with limited use of their hands, comfort grip weighted utensils can be purchased through ATS. To see what products ATS has to offer Click Here!
For a printable version, Click Here